cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon web cache
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:15:48 GMT
rossella wrote:
> Hello guy's,
> I want enable the caching for some section of my portal.
>
> I have read the documentation. I don't understand if enough to insert the
> attributes to the pipeline in order to resolve my problem.
>
> I refer to the code part
>        <map: pipeline type= " caching " >
>           …
>        </map: pipeline>
>
> This is sufficient to fix my caching problem?

Mostly yes. Anyway, adding a customized cache to a component is rather
easy (it has been discussed on this list a few months ago).

> Do you have already testing it?

Yes, it has been in use a few years: ask Ard, the Hippo cache-meister,
for details ;)

> After to have carried out the operation, in which way I can verify the
> correct operation of the caching?

Search the logs for messages about retrieving caching keys: if it
retrieves a key, the cache is serving that response.
Moreover, performance on long operations would be boosted by the use of
cache (to proper gauge the performance, disable the web-browser and
web-server caches prior to testing).

Mind though, not every component's output is cached: notably the
SQLTransformer one.

Regards,