cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jens Reufsteck" <>
Subject RE: limited number of loops with call-template?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:12:23 GMT
Hi Joerg,

many thanks for your answer and the hint to the Muenchian Grouping. I had
only little time to look into that and didn't get every detail so far. But
it's probably in fact what I'm looking for!

I'm actually trying to convert a list of urls into a tree-like structure.
What I have is:
  ... [ca. 4.000 more]

What I'd like to get is:
	<level level="1">
		<level level="2">

If there is any more concrete idea how to set up the grouping, this would be

Re my initial point: The result I was getting was the unfinished xml-tree as
in my first email. In the pipeline I had set outputBufferSize="0", which I
assume is the reason, why I got this piece of xml instead of an exception. I
haven't retried this, but will continue with the grouping idea as above.

Thanks again


Jens Reufsteck
Hobsons GmbH
Wildunger Straße 6
60487 Frankfurt am Main

Tel: +49 (69) 255 37-140
Fax: +49 (69) 255 37-2140

Christopher Letcher, Judith Oppitz, Adam Webster
Amtsgericht Frankfurt HRB 58610 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Joerg Heinicke [] 
>Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 5:06 AM
>Subject: Re: limited number of loops with call-template?
>On 06.11.2007 8:17 Uhr, Jens Reufsteck wrote:
>> I'm using a template, which once called from outside  starts 
>calling itself
>> as long as a certain condition is true. But after a certain 
>amount of calls
>> (1.100 times) it seems stopping to call itself. The 
>processing stops in the
>> middle of the xml-document without throwing an exception and without
>> throwing the resulting xml-document.
>I guess at some point the stack is just too big, but maybe the 
>gets swallowed. But what actually happens? It can not just stop and do 
>nothing. Is it like an exception would have been thrown but does not 
>show up anywhere?
>> This is the template:
>> <xsl:template name="baum">
>> 	<xsl:param name="position"/>
>> 	...	
>> 	<xsl:if test="/website/ebene[position()=$position]/text() =
>> /website/ebene[position()=$position + 1]/text()">
>> 		<xsl:call-template name="baum">
>> 			<xsl:with-param name="position" 
>select="$position +
>> 1"/>
>> 		</xsl:call-template>
>> 	</xsl:if>
>> </xsl:template>
>> The result looks like this:
>> <website>
>> 	<baum ebene="1">
>> 		de
>> 		<ebene ebene="2">
>> 			education
>> 				<file>diplom.html</file>
>> 		</ebene>
>> 		... [further 1099 entries]
>> 		<ebene ebene="2"/>
>Translation: baum = tree, ebene = level.
>What you are doing looks very much like grouping. You should 
>have a look 
>into so-called Muenchian Grouping. Feel free to ask if you 
>want to know 
>more about it. I can help you with that if you give me some 
>details from 
>the input and the grouping rules.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message