cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Pavlin" <fpav...@pinnacle.com.au>
Subject Tree widget - slow when heavily populated? (2)
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:41:46 GMT
Hi again,

This is just a follow-up to my previous message (see below).

I looked a bit more into this and I think I might have found the reason for
the slowdown. If I understand it right AJAX is used to limit the data that
is being sent between server and browser, sending only the data that
actually has changed. This is happening on a per-widget basis, i.e. only the
data of the widgets that have changed get sent.

Now here (I think) is the problem. If I expand a node in the tree widget the
whole tree widget is marked to indicate the change. So, if the tree already
has lots of expanded nodes (hundreds) and I expand another node, the whole
tree data is being sent (and not only the data of the node that has been
clicked), which obviously will take more and more time the bigger the tree
grows. Running the cocoon profiler also seemed to confirm this.

My question now is, can anyone confirm my findings and if so, does anyone
know how I could fix this problem, i.e. is there a way that only the node
data gets sent instead of the whole tree data?

Thanks again for your time.

   _____