cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.3 will NOT be in java - may be in PERL
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 03:40:11 GMT
I can see you are confused. The 2.1 versions of Cocoon need to be built
from source because that is the only way to allow you to select the
blocks you want to use and not include the stuff you don't want. The 2.2
version of Cocoon has fixed this, however to do that it uses Maven so
that you only get the Cocoon dependencies you need from the Maven
repository.  Frankly, if you haven't used Maven before I'd recommend you
learn it even if you don't end up using Cocoon. It is a very good build
tool and is used by a lot of Java projects.  If
http://cocoon.apache.org/1370_1_1.html wasn't helpful to you then I'd
suggest you post back with specific questions.

Ralph