cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Geindre <sebastien.gein...@meteo.fr>
Subject Re: xpath condition on xml data in sitemap
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:06:52 GMT
Dev at weitling a écrit :
> Well, my help looks like throwing a life-belt without a rope...
>
> If your transformer B1 and B2 are simple XSL you could merge their
> stylesheets and selecting the appropriate templates depending on your
> content.

unfortunaletly, one of them is a custom transformer which make an http
post to a web service
> Another idea would be writing a custom selector choosing the transformer.

custom selector ?
it will make the test on xml, and this xml could be pass to next
transformer ?
> Flowscript will probably get you the fastest but it's neither elegant
> nor its intention.

if flowscript are not elegant, what is the best practice ?
> Please drop a line which solution you'll have chosen, perhaps others may
> appreciate for their own problems.

no problem !
> Bye,
> Florian
>
> Sébastien Geindre wrote:
>
>> the B1 transformer post http request to a webservice
>> the B2 just transform XML data
>>
>> A transformer compute :
>> - intersection between gml polygons : one the the http post request
>> (get by stream generator), one hard coded (properties of application)
>> - it also makes comparison between attribute of the http post request
>> and properties of application
>>
>> if the intersection and the comparison are ok, then transformer B1
>> should be called..
>>
>> I thought about kinf of xpathselector
>>
>> perhaps, i have to do this with flowscipt....
>>
>> thanks for answered, and started the discussion.
>> it 's pipeline design question, and it seems thaht i am lost.... :-)

Sébastien Geindre
DPREVI/AERO/DEV
sebastien.geindre __at__ meteo.fr