cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michel Erard" <michel.er...@corix.ch>
Subject AW: AW: own widget
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 07:58:18 GMT
I already tested the trunk version of forms block and the only thing that changed for uses
was that all 'class' attributes are replaced by 'ref' and take a spring bean as argument.
And there is a new spring config file in the forms block of course.

What do you think about a new Datatype 'object', that for example can be used to link persistent
objects?  Of course this feature would only make sense when you have a selection-list with
a defined set of objects. Or maybe better an ObjectSelectionList?

________________________________

Von: Grzegorz Kossakowski [mailto:gkossakowski@apache.org]
Gesendet: Do 08.11.2007 18:57
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: own widget

Felix Knecht pisze:
> @Grzegorz
> I thought Giacomo migrated the forms block to spring (cocoon-forms-1.1.0).Wouldn't it
make more sense to use already the
> new forms block instead of the legacy one (probably it makes configuration also easier)?

Yes, Giacomo migrated forms to Spring recently but there are still two problems:
1. There was no release of Forms 1.1.0
2. There is no migration guide or any other document describing how things changed and how
everything is going to work.

The second point is especially important and I'm little bit disappointed that others making
incompatible (but wholeheartedly wanted!) changes do not write any documentation. It's really
not
hard to write migration guide but I believe it really helps our users. Am I wrong?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski