cocoon-users mailing list archives

From anil <anilksha...@btinternet.com>
Subject cocoon 2.2 & xmldb protocol
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:16:54 GMT

Hi -

I'm trying to replicate a configuration I had with cocoon 2.1 within cocoon
2.2 & I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Basically in our 2.1 application, I can use a generator to read from the
eXist xml db using xmlrpc.

The generate step is thus:

<map:generate
src="xmldb:exist://localhost:8080/exist-1.1.1-newcore/xmlrpc/db/rmm/test.xml"/>

I need to be able to do this within my 2.2 application.

What I have done is:

* include within the webapp pom.xml the jar file dependencies - in my case:
exist-1.1.1.jar, xmlrpc-1.2-b1.jar & xmldb-api-custom.jar

* create a xmldb.xconf file within the WEB-INF/cocoon/xconf directory of the
web app

What I'm not sure of is the structure of this file - I read somewhere
(unfortunately can't find now) that this can be segments of the cocoon.xconf
file from 2.1 and that the webapp pulls these *.xconf files together to form
the overall cocoon.xconf. Is this correct?

If someone point me in the direction of some documentation/examples that I
could look at I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,
Anil.