cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Edward Elhauge ...@uncanny.net>
Subject keypress events
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:52:34 GMT
Hi,

I would like some guidance on what the best way is to attach an 'onkeypress'
event handler to a Cocoon CForm Widget?

My use case is that I want to set a 'form dirty' flag as users type
data into my forms. I've been using the 'fd:on-value-changed' handler
for that purpose but it doesn't catch the case where a user types
data into a field and then directly clicks on a button that would
exit the Web page.

I can envision a solution using onkeypress and JavaScript.

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.8 but I'd be willing to upgrade if that would
provide for a cleaner solution.

Yours,

Ed Elhauge

--
        Edward Elhauge <ee@uncanny.net>
"The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -- Paracelsus (1493 - 1541)