cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: best wishes for 2008: 2.1 vs. 2.2
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 22:39:58 GMT
Romain Slootmaekers pisze:
> ah, I just followed the guides on the web site. maybe you can just add
> references to the source code there. or tweak your maven site generation
> to include the correct code samples there.

Good idea. I will do about it as soon as I get some free time.

> The use case is actually quite simple:
> I want to be able to route all requests with a path of a certain regexp
> to a servlet, and the config of the routing in the sitemap, instead of
> being in the servlet service config or in the web.xml.
> All request routing in 1 place. otherwise it's difficult to keep track,
> especially overlaps in regexps (a request mapped in a pipeline AND in
> the servlet service config, now what happens ? might this cause the
> 'commited' Exception described below ?)

I don't think so it caused the exception.

I think you misunderstand how Servlet Service Framework works. If you configure servlet with
context-path="/foo" and have request with URL "/foo/bar/baz" SSF will match it and route the
request
to your servlet but with stripped prefix out of URL so servlet sees only "/bar/baz" URL. For
such
URL your fancy regexps can be applied.

There is no place for ambiguity.

> hm, yes, I found that one, but the case in which my exception happens is
> totally different. I don't have any exception in the flow, nor have I
> the 500 internal error code set earlier...

Then create another bug report. :)
The best would be if you could attach simple block that exhibits the problem.

> Well I suppose it's enough if your an experienced 2.1 user. I never used
> 2.1 so a diff doesn't mean a lot (unless i need to port 2.1 examples ;))
>
> I just would like to have a reference guide of 2.2 that contains just
> that: the reference.

Yep... I try to add as much documentation as I can but you know, it takes time and effort.

Oh, and I fixed docs publishing so small documentation of expression language module should
appear
within ours.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski