cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Foreign Language Teaching Website
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:31:29 GMT
Peter Sparkes pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I have a client who wishes to develop a website to teach a foreign
> language, which uses non-Latin characters, to English speakers. The site
> will have:
>
>    * text in both language
>    * audio linked to the text for pronunciation etc.
>    * text and audio interactive help from tutors and other students.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions on how to implement it would be appreciated

Have you considered using Daisy which is Cocoon-based? I don't know your needs in-detail but
Daisy
is pretty customizable by itself and since it's powered by Cocoon it's only your imagination
that
limits you. The advantage of using Daisy is pretty simple: you don't need to start from scratch.

Even if Daisy Wiki will turn out to be not suiting your needs at least using Daisy's repository
makes sense.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski