cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.2 cocoon-cli
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:51:37 GMT
Martin Heiden pisze:
> Reinhard,
>
> Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
>
>> no, 2.2.0 will most probably not ship containing a CLI. I'm sorry.
>>

> Will it be included in a later release or will the support be dropped
> starting with 2.2? Well, I hope not, because there are several projects
> like forrest or daisy which heavily rely on this feature.

I'm feeling like obligated to remind something: starting with Cocoon 2.2 we have independent
release
cycles for all of blocks and core. It means basically two things:
  a) if block is ready for a release it doesn't have to wait for others to be ready because
there
will be no mass releases any more.
  b) (as implication of a) there will be more frequent releases of various Cocoon parts and
I give
my word that I'll keep my on how we follow this principle.

In short: As soon as CLI is ready you wouldn't have to wait another year to see it officially
released. This should be encouraging for folks eager to help with preparing more blocks for
a release.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski