cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Boisvert, Eric" <ebois...@nrcan.gc.ca>
Subject RE: IncludeTransformer
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:06:03 GMT

Yet another approach is to use STX.

STX processor in cocoon is Joost (http://joost.sourceforge.net/) which implements external-filter
, one of which is POST (maybe you'll have to update the .jar to the most recent version, it's
painless, just stop tomcat/cocoon, remove the old jar and replace with the new one, and restart).

The joost documentation says (from the web site):

] Using external SAX2 filters

] Joost implements the usage of external SAX2 filters as described in the WD of the STX specification
section 4.19 (CVS version Jul 23
] 2003). Joost uses the TrAX API to instantiate an XSLT transformer object. The actual XSLT
implementation (i.e. the
] javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory) to be used may be controlled by setting the property

] net.sf.joost.trax.TrAXConstants.KEY_XSLT_FACTORY, either as a system property or using TransformerFactory.setAttribute.

] Besides the XSLT (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform) and STX (http://stx.sourceforge.net/2002/ns)
filter methods, Joost provides
] built-in implementations for the following two additional values of the filter-method attribute:

(blah blah..)

**] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt#POST
**]     Sends the filter input data per HTTP-POST request to the URL specified in the required
target parameter (i.e. <stx:param
**] name="target" ... >). The data of the HTTP response are the result of this filter.
The HTTP-POST filter can be used to access web
**] services from STX.

I never try, but I will shortly (like.. Today) for exactly the same reasons Sébastien (to
fetch data from a remote WFS).  STX is a bit more tricky that XSLT but in a simple series
of WFS calls, it should be quite obvious.  The great benefit of STX is that it's SAX driven
(so I don't expect it should build a big buffer - GML documents tends to be quite large)

Wish me the best.

Eric