cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: 2.2 tutorials help
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:07:40 GMT
Hello Grzegorz!

Thanks for reply (in both cases!).

> Patrick Heiden pisze:
> > Hello together!
> >
> > I have some trouble with the tutorials. I have created the two blocks
> and I am not able to
> > connect them (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1291_1_1.html). The only
> thing I've changed compared
> > to the tutorial is to rename the blocks and pipeline-names:
> >
> > myBlock1 = isac myBlock2 = isac2 myFistPipeline = isacFirstPipeline ..
> and so on, nothing special
> > about this. When I am trying to start mvn jetty:run, the following
> exceptions are thrown:
> >

> [...]
> >
> org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.wrapper.servlet.ReloadingListener.invoke(ReloadingListener.java:157)

> > ... 38 more Caused by:
> org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException:
> > Configuration problem: Cannot locate BeanDefinitionDecorator for element
> [connections] Offending
> > resource: URL
> >
> [file:/home/pepemuck/_opt/devel/isac/target/classes/META-INF/cocoon/spring/servlet-service.xml]

> Could you paste contents of this file? I guess you made some mistake here.

So my file actually looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  xmlns:servlet="http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/servlet"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
  http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/servlet http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/servlet/cocoon-servlet-1.0.xsd">

  <bean id="de.ifado.isac.service" class="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet">
	  <servlet:context mount-path="/isac" context-path="blockcontext:/isac/"/>
	  <servlet:connections>
		  <entry key="isac2" value-ref="de.ifado.isac2.service"/>
	  </servlet:connections>
  </bean>

</beans>

I don't hope so, but I have not used mvn install eclipse:eclipse. Just used mvn install to
put my second Block (isac2) into my local m2-repo. That should be no problem i guess, but
fulfills my information about the steps I've made.

> [...]
> > I checked involved files for typos but could not find some. For being
> sure, I've repeated the
> > complete tutorial-steps to this point several times with fresh created
> blocks. The exceptions
> > remain.
>
> Weird indeed.
>
> > Any advice what's actually going wrong? Should I try to use an older
> snapshot of cocoon (e.g. the
> > archetype block 1.0.0-RC3-SNAPSHOT is not available, so I fall back to
> RC2 like the turorial)?
> > Have there been important changes to the spring-version used by my
> cocoon-build, so that the
> > definition of <servlet:connections> should be placed outside of the
> bean?
>
> Definitively not. Cocoon is at RC stage so there are no such serious
> changes right now.
>
> > My cocoon revision is 634471 Maven version: 2.0.8 Java version: 1.5.0_15
> OS name: "linux"
> > version: "2.6.16-gentoo-r7" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"
> >
> > By the way, I am still hoping to get some hints referring to my post
> "Help with Cocoon and
> > Spring", because the available information about blocks and their usage
> is still a bit confusing
> > for me.
>
> I'll respond to your e-mail shortly.

As I mentioned: Thank you for that. I'll definitively be back with more specific issues!

Greetings
Patrick