cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Help with Cocoon and Spring
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 21:03:25 GMT
[...]
Already back!

> I would like to suggest you two nice readings which could probably help
> you understand better
> Cocoon's architecture and avoid common pitfalls:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74571
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user/63219 (excellent
> discussion with Rainer Pruy)
>
> Oh, and in your spare time you could probably take a look at this
> screencast:
> http://people.apache.org/~gkossakowski/cocoon-tutorial-rcl-2.html (I plan
> to move it to our main
> site as soon as I have some free time)

I've just finished watching your rcl-tut-video. Nice work and good starting point to let users
know about rcl. This should definitely go to user-documentation! Also this could make the
point clear, that users are able to use the IDE they want to (in my case there is just vim
during my last developer-years ;)
But in addition to my concerns about a final deployable war of my webapp, what should I do
to deactivate jetty and rcl within my production-environment (wich is going to be Tomcat).
This has  of course security reasons and should keep my war as small as possible. Is this
the point, where maven running-modes come into play? Are there archetypes to set up such an
project-hierarchy, maybe including the src/test -setup as well? If those solutions already
exists I suggest to extend your video and put them right there!

Thank you - will read the rest know!
Patrick