cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 tutorials help
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:03:59 GMT
Patrick Heiden pisze:
> Hello Josh!
>

>> You should show the content of your
>> /home/pepemuck/_opt/devel/isac/target/classes/META-INF/cocoon/spring/servlet-service.xml
file
>> to check if everything is ok.
>>
>> Josh
> [..]
>
> You're right about this and with help from Grzegorz I already was able to fix the problem.
> Everything is fine so far ;)
>
> All I can say right now ist, that my head wont let me fall in sleep so fast. The tutorial
is like
> a request, enabling the 'think-off-all-the-possibilities'-pipeline within my mind.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you elaborate?

> The servlet-protocol is one of the best (multipurpose) producer-consumer implementations
i've seen so
> far. To repeat my suggest at this point: It would be really great to find a better theory-founded
> introduction into cocoons concepts within the new 2.2 documentation. I think a discussion
to fill
> the gap between the 'old' using-pure-servlets and the 'this-is-what-cocoon-do-with-it'
would be a
> great help. I won't be supprised if such an introduction would leed to many new cocoon-users,
> because the concepts are great. And I am just at the beginning (spend my last week to
dig through
> distributed documentation).

There are some attempts to describe how Servlet Service Framework works. It's core piece of
software
in Cocoon 2.2 and certainly needs much attention. There is a draft document explaining abstract
concepts (without usage details) that can be found here:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-servlet-service-impl/g1/1412.html

It would be nice if you could read it and give some feedback. I plan to add more usage details
shortly and publish everything on our official site.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski