cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Notify when session gets invalid
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:06:43 GMT
On 13.03.2008 04:34, Michel Erard wrote:

> Is it possible to get notified by cocoon, when the session gets invalid?
> Or do I use the common interface provided by the servlet engine?
>
> I've implemented an action to logout, but what if the users does not use
> the logout button and the session is destroyed when the timeout expires?

You can use standard HttpSessionListener [1]. Since Cocoon does not
maintain the sessions it does neither provide a framework for it. Just
use what the servlet engine provides. HttpSessionListener are also
notified when session gets destroyed due to expiring.

Joerg

[1]
http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/javax/servlet/http/package-summary.html