cocoon-users mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Re: 2.1.9 - Internationalization transformer (i18n)
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:05:09 GMT
"How is the filename determined from the locale param eg; if the
locale is "in_ID", how does it convert internally to look for:
messages_in.xml?"

Magic!

Programming to parse "language_countryCode_variant", concatenate
{location} + {each variation of the locale} + ".xml", and test for
each possible file is easy.  The important information is that you do
not need to program this function because the i18nTransformer already
handles it.

If the catalogue "name" attribute is "xxx", the i18nTransformer will check:
xxx_in_ID.xml
xxx_in.xml
xxx.xml (default)

See the "Usage" section of:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/I18nTransformer.html

The "name" attribute is the file prefix before the locale/language identifiers.
The "location" attributes specify the directories to check without
specifying the filename.
Your location attribute might specify http://example.com/documentum/i18nfiles/".
The documents in that folder need to follow the i18n file-naming
format to distinguish the locales/languages/default catalogs.

solprovider