cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: deploy Tomcat
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:56:20 GMT
Well following the tomcat documentation:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

it says you will can provide your own xerces implementation.

Since it's tomcat that will do the validation, I guess you will have to
add it to the endorsed dir of your tomcat installation.

Let me know if that works out for you.

Regards,

Jeroen

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 17:34 +0200, Patrick Heiden wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> > Hi Patrick,
> >
> > Do you have any idea, which XML Schema is causing this error?
> > While looking at the tomcat server.xml did you also notice this
> > statement:
> >
> > Note: XML Schema validation will not work with Xerces 2.2.
> >

> Actually I have no idea. I am using standard cocoon generated web.xml
> <web-app version="2.4"
>          xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>          xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">
>
> and logmessages state, that declaration of <web-app> could not be found.
>
> > Did you provide your own version of xerces? Because the one that comes
> > with the JDK might not work.
>
> My stacktrace shows the usage of com.sun.org.apache.xerces, so I would guess it's suns
;) Also I am sure to not provide my own xeres version. DYT, that I should put explicit dependency
inside my webApp-blocks pom.xml to solve this?