cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: date bug related to leap year?
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:30:08 GMT
Paul

What happens when you try to enter this date directly into the
database;
I have found that MySQL, for example, "auto corrects" some date
entries.

>>> On 2008/04/08 at 08:52, in message
<8798C08EFD90B54C8BA6BDE1336548E0CEB83B@mail1.copyright.com>, "Paul
Joseph" <pjoseph@copyright.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am using Cocoon 2.1.5 and it has been in Production since 2004.  I am
also using the matt-kruse java-script library including the calendar
widget.

A user has reported a *date bug* where if specifies a date that is
between today and Feb 29, 2008, then it is saved correctly to the
database, but when retrieved, it is one day less.

It does not matter if the date is entered directly into the field, or
chosen using the Matt-Kruse calendar widget and so I surmise it has
nothing to do with the Matt-Kruse date library, but I am not sure

Dates before Feb 29 work correctly and dates after today also work
correctly.

Any ideas?

Thx!
Paul Joseph