cocoon-users mailing list archives

From footh <fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Javaflow - major memory issue
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 22:52:38 GMT
Just ran a very simple test using the changes from revision 642694 and had unusual results.

Byte arrays, and consequently the BufferedOutputStream still took up large amounts of retained
space in the total memory usage.  So, this didn't change.

However, the memory did not clean up neatly like it did before...after about 10 minutes.
Before,
I would do, say 1000 samples, and total Tomcat memory would balloon to a point.  Then I'd
wait 10
minutes and would observe the byte array data cleaning up in the profiler with total Tomcat
memory
staying the same.  After that, I'd run another 1000 samples and the total Tomcat memory would
not
increase again until hitting around the 1000th sample and the cycle would repeat.

With these new changes, the memory cleaned up a little bit, but not nearly as much as before.
 And
the total memory would start increasing before I hit the control sample size.

The BufferedOutputStream path appears to be the same as well - flowing up to
ContinuationsManagerImpl.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?  I did make this changes to
version
2.1.10 NOT 2.1.11 since I haven't upgraded my site to the new version yet.