cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Built-in properties available in the sitemap
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:42:24 GMT
On Apr 2, 2008, at 10:05 AM, Luca Morandini wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> On Apr 2, 2008, at 2:28 AM, Luca Morandini wrote:
>>>
>>> IIUC, Cocoon doesn't add properties of its own (bar the ones
>>> defined in blocks).
>>> Hence we can just put a reference to Maven properties, an example
>>> of how to use them in the sitemap and we're done, right ?
>> No.
>> I'd imagine this would work only if somebody to use Cocoon
>> installed into Jetty started from Maven.
>
> Sadly, I am not able even to "see" the Maven properties when
> starting Jetty from Maven:
>        <map:call function="{1}">
>          <map:parameter name="version" value="${project.version}"/>
>        </map:call>

Hm, why do you think this syntax should work?

> raises:
> Caused by: org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: No value for
> xpath: project.version
>
> (java.home works though).
>
> Any clue ?

Try a standard way of accessing settings:

     <map:parameter name="version" value="{global:project.version}"/>

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-core-sample/cocoon-core-main-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/modules/sitemap.xmap

Vadim