cocoon-users mailing list archives

From hussayn <hussayn.dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: cocoon consumes 90% cpu time when idle. how to avoid that ?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:57:01 GMT

I am still investigating here. I meanwhile have found one suspicious element:
When i issue kill -3 on the jetty process, i get this thread stack dump
below.
Can it be, that the file system monitoring consumes the cpu-time ?
If so, is it possible to disable the file-system-change-scanner ?
I found this in the web.xml:

<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.wrapper.servlet.ReloadingListener</listener-class>
</listener>

Is this related ???

Anyways, here is the thread dump:

Here is the thread dump (condensed to some extent):
"Thread-3" prio=1 tid=0x08953bb8 nid=0x2fb7 waiting on condition
[0xb02b4000..0xb02b4e30]
        at java.lang.StringCoding$CharsetSE.encode(StringCoding.java:334)
        at java.lang.StringCoding.encode(StringCoding.java:378)
        at java.lang.String.getBytes(String.java:812)
        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.getBooleanAttributes0(Native Method)
        at
java.io.UnixFileSystem.getBooleanAttributes(UnixFileSystem.java:228)
        at java.io.File.isDirectory(File.java:723)
        at
org.apache.commons.jci.monitor.FilesystemAlterationObserverImpl$MonitorFileImpl.isDirectory(FilesystemAlterationObserverImpl.java:76)
        at
        at
org.apache.commons.jci.monitor.FilesystemAlterationObserverImpl.checkAndNotify(FilesystemAlterationObserverImpl.java:331)
        - locked <0x8a1e4ca8> (a
org.apache.commons.jci.monitor.FilesystemAlterationObserverImpl)
        at
org.apache.commons.jci.monitor.FilesystemAlterationMonitor.run(FilesystemAlterationMonitor.java:122)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

If someone could point me to some in depth configuration tutorials, that
would be nice.
Or at least, explain, how i can disable the file scanning, where can i
configure the file scanner
period ? My goal is to drop the cpu load significantly, when cocoon is idle.

regards, hussayn