cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Al <m...@lighttechnology.net>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.1.11, fc9, build.sh error
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 22:36:52 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Al escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm using a new Federa Core 9 install and when I run ./build.sh I get
>> 11 warning and 2 errors.
>> The 2 errors differ only in line number.
>>
>> The error is:
>> /var/local/import/cocoon/cocoon-2.1.11/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/reading/ImageReader.java:336:
>> cannot find symbol
>> symbol  : method
>> setJPEGEncodeParam(com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGEncodeParam)
>> location: class com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGImageEncoder
>>                    encoder.setJPEGEncodeParam(p);
>>
>> I'm guessing this has something to do with the java toolset.
>> I'm using the default openJDK 1.6.0
>>
>> Is this a deficiency in openJDK with Fedora Core 9?
>>
> Nope, the issue is due a class on a sun package: com.sun.image.codec I
> think there is already an issue report for this.
>

>> Is there a good work around?
>>
> Simple one: Use Java from Sun.
>
> Another option: Or If you don't need the image reader, don't include it
> on the building.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.

> This message has been verified by LastSpam eMail security service
>
> Ce courriel a été vérifié par le service de sécurité pour courriels LastSpam
> http://www.lastspam.com

Thanks you.
I'm having trouble getting the sun java
installed properly. alternatives never see the install and jpackage
seems to also have problem with version 1.6

I uncommented :

include.block.imageop=false

in local.blocks.properties. Is that the best way to do option 2.
It seems to compile now. Did I loose anything besides the ability to
server images files from cocoon?
I server static files from apache.
Al