cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Enrico Ballarin Dolfin <enrico.ballarin-dol...@sed.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: Deployment of cocoon 2.2 application on production tomcat 5.5 fails
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 09:43:28 GMT
Ciao llamar,

I'm using java 1.6.0_02 in production and 1.6.0_07 in the development
environment.

Cheers,
Enrico

Am 03.09.2008 um 11:35 schrieb llamar burgess:

> Ciao Enrico,
>
> could it happen to be, that you compiled the application (locally)
> with a newer version of java then the one on the production machine?
>
> Just a wild guess..
>
> best regards
> llamar
>

> Enrico Ballarin Dolfin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in my development environment (openSUSE 10.3) I could develop a
>> cocoon 2.2 application using maven, run it using Jetty and also
>> deploy the generated WAR file on the local tomcat 5.5 and
>> everything worked well.
>>
>> Trying to deploy the same WAR on a tomcat 5.5 in production, the
>> WAR file get expanded automatically in the webapps directory, but
>> when I restart tomcat to let recognize the new application, I'm
>> getting following error:
>>

>> Logfile: catalina_2008-09-02.log
>>
>> Sep 2, 2008 5:17:49 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
>> deployWAR
>> INFO: Deploying web application archive getReceivers-1.0.0.war
>> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
>> (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax).
>> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>> Sep 2, 2008 5:17:52 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>> Sep 2, 2008 5:17:52 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>> SEVERE: Context [/getReceivers-1.0.0] startup failed due to
>> previous errors
>>

>> - I'm missing something in the production tomcat 5.5 environment ?
>> I thougth that everythng needed should be contained in the WAR
>> package...
>>
>> - Do I need to install maven also in the production environment,
>> to be able to run there the WAR application on tomcat ?
>>

>> I have also tried to increase the debug level to get more
>> information about the "listenerStart" problem in the log file, but
>> without success.
>>

>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>>
>> Enrico

---
Enrico Ballarin Dolfin

Schweizerischer Erdbebendienst (SED)-Institut für Geophysik
     (Swiss Seismological Service-Institute of Geophysics)
HPP P1.2
ETH Hönggerberg
CH-8093 Zürich
Phone: +41 44 633 6625