cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Cocoon 2.1.8 Forms + AJAX : Final call for help!
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:58:21 GMT
In October last year I submitted a number of queries to the list, as I was  trying to get Cocoon
2.1.8 Forms + AJAX working together in my application.
This was the last entry in that thread... http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=122408149728592&w=2

In the end, I did not succeed and moved on to other issues.  Now I have been trying again
- still without success.  I have been trying for 3 days and am intensely frustrated with not
understanding what is going wrong.

So far, I have managed to extract the small sample that comes with Cocoon, dealing with car
make selection, and put it into its own directory, and get it to work.  Small modifications
cause problems though - with dialog box messages like "no xml answer" not really providing
me with a clue as to what the real problem it!  I also cannot get my existing site setup -
with heavily customized page layout, form styling and a form template layout that seems quite
different from the sample one (?) - to work (for example, the transformed page does not have
all the resources loaded into the page header).

If anyone has an app that is *not* part of the standard Cocoon suite, showing how the form
styling can be customized, I would really love to see it.

Failing that, if anyone can spell out *exactly* what resources are needed to make AJAX work
in Cocoon forms - by this I mean files, directories, site map entries etc. etc. (and even
specific code snippets in files - as its obvious that my customized form styling is missing
some vital element/s), I would really, really  appreciate it.  Otherwise I guess I will have
to write off another week of my life to Cocoon :(

Thanks
Derek