cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Rauscher <...@blue-elephant-systems.com>
Subject CForms Serialization
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:42:44 GMT
Hi,

I have a case where I have a really large form that would require
several sessions to be valid and I'd like to allow users to persist
their work (even if the form is invalid) and continue working on it later.

As the cforms binding will throw all kinds of exceptions in this case I
thought about serializing the Form object using standard Java object
serialization.

So far Form and the classes it's derived from do not implement
Serializable, which would be easy to fix. I saw a remark though by
Sylvain where he mentions

/"a form contains its own data model, which can be serialized, but also
pointers to its definition, which is shared between form instances and
can contain arbitrary references to non-serializable objects and components"

/So, is it possible?

Thanks.