cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Rauscher <...@blue-elephant-systems.com>
Subject Re: AW: CForms Serialization
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:35:59 GMT
Hi Chris,

seems that would do the trick for fields where I have validators defined
in the model. I've found though it will not work eg. for fields that I
have defined as being of type integer. In that case, the binding calls
the getValue() method for the integer widget which automatically tries
to validate it and returns null if that value is not an integer - so the
output of the binding for that widget will be empty....

Thanks.

Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Hi Ralph,
>
> it should be possible, if you extract the data from the form and persist
> that.
>
> I think you could add a parameter to a submit-widget to not validate the
> form (this would be the easiest way), this way you can return to your
> flowscript or javaflow and continue processing. Alternatively you could add
> a link on your form for example "save form" that passes the current
> continuation-id as a parameter to a save-url (Be sure to have the most
> recent continuation id in Ajax enabled forms). In the logic for processing
> this url, you could use the continuation-id, to get the form instance and
> continue-from there (to see how this is done ... have a look at the
> suggestion-list generator.
>
> If you use form.save(previouslySavedFormData) to save your forms content to
> a java-pojo or w3c.dom there should be no problems in persisting them ... as
> soon as the user wants to continue: form.load(previouslySavedFormData); and
> you should be ready to continue.
>
> Hope this helps,
>     Chris

Ralph Rauscher

 blue elephant systems GmbH
 Wollgrasweg 49
 D-70599 Stuttgart

 Tel   :    (+49) 0711 - 451017 574
 Fax   :    (+49) 0711 - 451017 573
 e-mail:    rra@blue-elephant-systems.com
 Sitz  :    Stuttgart, Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
 Geschäftsführer: Joachim Hörnle, Thomas Gentsch, Holger Dietrich