cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bart Remmerie <remme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with C2.2 -- where's the exception information?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:18:20 GMT
It's not only about taking the road less traveled ... certainly not if you
get the impression that it seems to be going the wrong way.
I am convinced that a lot of cocoon users were convinced that cocoon was
powerful & useful ... until 2.2
We all know Cocoon has a rather steep learning curve, but the move to 2.2
just made it even more difficult.
Maybe acceptance is not an issue, but when cocoon loses it user base, cocoon
also loses the rich potential of talented developers to improve it.

Just to get things clear (and to find out if I should stick with cocoon):
who / what is cocoon made for (basically, who is the client) & what is this
"client" expecting / hoping for ?

What I've seen in the recent past is that this discussion comes up every now
and then, meaning that users remain unsatisfied.  I feel that it would be to
easy to blame them (although this is convenient, since you'd never have to
question anything).

All I can hope is to get some constructive debate out of this.

What I expect as a cocoon user when new releases occur:
new features, easier to use, better documentation ( and examples), stronger
foundations, ...
I can accept that it takes some effort, extra learning and code conversion
... (but I hope to get some of the above in return)

I would like to invite other users to express what they expect from new
versions, unless the end users are not the target audience for cocoon, and
in this case ... should all move to mainstream php/ruby ?

Regards,
Bart