cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jasha Joachimsthal" <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: Using cocoon pipeline for import
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 14:12:18 GMT
Mathias,

you won't have to write your own serializer but you can use the SQLtransformer [1].

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/sql-transformer.html

Jasha

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Mathias Reem [mailto:m.reem@gmx.net]
Verzonden: di 6-1-2009 14:42
Aan: users@cocoon.apache.org
Onderwerp: Using cocoon pipeline for import

Hi

I've got to fetch some XML data from an external webserver, preprocess
it - using XSLT - and store the result in our database. At the moment
this is done by a shellscript.

As this shall now be integrated to our application, I was wandering if
using a cocoon pipeline for this task would be feasible, or a really bad
idea? As far as I can see. I would only have to write my own Serializer,
which instead of writing stuff to an OutputStream would commit the data
to the database.

Any comment is welcome.
	Mathias