cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Martin Holmes <mhol...@uvic.ca>
Subject Determining the host OS
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 00:09:20 GMT
HI folks,

I'm trying to write a Cocoon-2.1-based application which I want to be
completely portable between Tomcats running on Linux, OSX and Windows.
I'm having a problem with the use of slashes and backslashes, especially
on Windows, where I've found that some relative paths are expressed with
backslashes and some with forward slashes, and the {realpath:/} constant
returns a value without a trailing slash (whereas on *nix there seems to
always be a trailing slash.

I could solve these problems using Flowscript and XSLT if I could
determine what host OS Cocoon is running on. However, I can't find a way
to do that in the sitemap. There's the HostSelector, which tells me the
domain of the host; and there's the BrowserSelector, which tells me the
connecting client's browser; but there's no way I can find to discover
what operating system Cocoon is running on.

Does anyone know a way to do this, preferably directly in the sitemap?

All help appreciated,
Martin