cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <mailingli...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: [HOWTO WANTED] APP migration from Cocoon 2.1 to Cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:48:21 GMT
Hi Vanja,

maybe my documentation, I published a few days ago will help you get a better idea of how
Cocoon 2.2 works. I would greatly appreciate some feedback on how I could improve the document.
I updated the documentation of the build and some problems with this yesterday, so it should
be pretty up to date. The document doesn't focus on migrating, but as I am a Cocoon 2.2 beginner
too, it should describe Cocoon 2.2 from a Cocoon 2.1 point of view.

http://dev.c-ware.de/confluence/display/PUBLIC/Creating+a+Cocoon+2.2+project

hope this helps,
     Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Vanja Petreski [mailto:vpetreski@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 2. März 2009 12:25
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: [HOWTO WANTED] APP migration from Cocoon 2.1 to Cocoon 2.2

Hello Cocoon people :)

I have a problem which seems like a nightmare to me right now, so I hope that someone could
help me ;)

I have to migrate relatively big Cocoon 2.1 application to Cocoon 2.2. Mavenization should
be done too.

I have a lot of experience with Maven and Spring, that's OK, but I am completely new to Cocoon.

I've read the book "Cocoon Developer's Handbook", which is for Cocoon 2.0, to get familiar
with Cocoon (very bad situation with books and docs)

After that I did the online tutorial for Cocoon 2.2.

And I should start with the migration now. But I don't have a clue where to start from :(

As I understand I have to options:

1) Start from scratch

2) Minimal changes to the existing app - http://blog.reverycodes.com/archives/000045.html
   I like this, because I want to do migration as  simple as possible, but there is no enough
information or I simply don't know how to do it.

I'm wondering does somebody have experience with migration from 2.1 to 2.2, is better 1) or
2), what are the steps and best practice for this?

Thanks,
Vanja