cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Diggory Mark <mdigg...@gmail.com>
Subject Porting 2.1 Webapplication to 2.2
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:45:11 GMT
Fellow Cocoon Users and Developers,

I've done the majority of the tasks required to migrate the DSpace
XMLUI Cocoon 2.1 based webapplication to Cocoon 2.2 and have a
successfully running webapp in my workspace now with Cocoon 2.2
installed.

1.) Changed my dependencies to:

> 		<dependency>
> 			<groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>cocoon-core</artifactId>
> 			<version>2.2.0</version>
> 		</dependency>
> 		<dependency>
> 			<groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>cocoon-servlet-service-components</artifactId>
> 			<version>1.0.0</version>
> 		</dependency>
> 		<dependency>
> 			<groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>cocoon-template-impl</artifactId>
> 			<version>1.1.0</version>
> 		</dependency>
> 		<dependency>
> 			<groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>cocoon-flowscript-impl</artifactId>
> 			<version>1.0.0</version>
> 		</dependency>

2.) Created an WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml with my servlet in it:

>   <bean id="dspace.org.myApplication"
> class="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet">
> 	<servlet:context mount-path="" context-path="/"/>
>   </bean>

3.) Altered my web.xml to appropriately work with Cocoon 2.2 including
the additions of the following servlets/filters/listeners :

> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.multipart.MultipartFilter
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
> org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener
> org.apache.cocoon.servletservice.DispatcherServlet

My questions now concern what to do with the various cocoon.xconf and
init-params that applied to Cocoon 2.1.  I removed them and its
obvious that the webapplication can run just fine without them.  But I
know we were tuning some special cases like file upload behavior, I'm
wondering if these are still valid, are already the defaults, or are
needed at all?

Per cocoon.xconf... We have the following cocoon.xconf configured for
the application:
http://dspace.svn.sf.net/viewvc/dspace/branches/dspace-1_5_x/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf

Likewise, I know we are doing some modifications for file caching
behavior.
http://dspace.svn.sf.net/viewvc/dspace/branches/dspace-1_5_x/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf?r1=2045&r2=2776

What out of this file is still relevant in 2.2?

Per web.xml,  we are setting file upload and request/container
encoding behaviors here. are these still valid as well in Cocoon 2.2?
http://dspace.svn.sf.net/viewvc/dspace/branches/dspace-1_5_x/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

Sincerely,
Mark

Mark R. Diggory