cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vanja Petreski <vpetre...@gmail.com>
Subject [HOWTO WANTED] APP migration from Cocoon 2.1 to Cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:25:21 GMT
Hello Cocoon people :)

I have a problem which seems like a nightmare to me right now, so I hope
that someone could help me ;)

I have to migrate relatively big Cocoon 2.1 application to Cocoon 2.2.
Mavenization should be done too.

I have a lot of experience with Maven and Spring, that's OK, but I am
completely new to Cocoon.

I've read the book "Cocoon Developer's Handbook", which is for Cocoon 2.0,
to get familiar with Cocoon (very bad situation with books and docs)

After that I did the online tutorial for Cocoon 2.2.

And I should start with the migration now. But I don't have a clue where to
start from :(

As I understand I have to options:

1) Start from scratch

2) Minimal changes to the existing app -
http://blog.reverycodes.com/archives/000045.html
   I like this, because I want to do migration as  simple as possible, but
there is no enough information or I simply don't know how to do it.

I'm wondering does somebody have experience with migration from 2.1 to 2.2,
is better 1) or 2), what are the steps and best practice for this?

Thanks,
Vanja