cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Cocoon to serve its own documentation
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 04:25:06 GMT
On Mar 1, 2009, at 6:51 PM, Klortho wrote:

> So I'm trying to set Cocoon up to serve it's own documentation.  I'm
> using
> 2.1.11, and found the docs in src/documentation.

Last Cocoon which was serving its own documentation was in Cocoon 2.0
series; you can grab that one and study it if you want to.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/

For the Cocoon 2.1 series, Forrest *was* used to generate Cocoon docs.
If you have Forrest downloaded (0.7? or 0.8? I'm not certain), just
run $FORREST_HOME/bin/forrest in Cocoon's checkout directory.

> I have a slew of other questions about the documents -- how Daisy is
> used,
> how to contribute, etc.  Any pointers to some resources would be
> very much
> appreciated.

Starting with Cocoon 2.2, and for the Cocoon 2.1 legacy documentation,
we are using Daisy:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/

If you want to contribute to the latest documentation, you'd need to
create an account in Daisy and drop a note to the dev-list. See this
page for details:
http://cocoon.apache.org/1273_1_1.html

Vadim