cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Is Cocoon the right tool?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 21:20:41 GMT
Mika Lehtonen wrote:
> 2) While looking your examples, I can't help myself thinking what you
> really are expecting Cocoon to be. Usually creating fancy layouts with
> numerous graphics and effects are connected in our minds to software
> with a powerful graphical user interface. What can you do graphically in
> Cocoon. Nothing, because it's a web development framework not a desktop
> design software.

Look, we don't know much about the overall architecture of the system:
just possibly, there is a graphic "thing" to let the user design a
template and store it as XML for later re-use, with Cocoon being used
only at this last stage.

> So you have to be prepared in coding, although you can
> do a lot in Cocoon without using any particular programming language.
> But still you have to learn also "Cocoon language" + for example XSL-FO

I beg to differ: XSL-FO is not related to Cocoon, same for XSLT... it
just happens that Cocoon users typically use XSLT a lot.

Regards,