Fellow Cocoon Users and Developers,

I've done the majority of the tasks required to migrate the DSpace XMLUI Cocoon 2.1 based webapplication to Cocoon 2.2 and have a successfully running webapp in my workspace now with Cocoon 2.2 installed.

1.) Changed my dependencies to:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
<artifactId>cocoon-core</artifactId>
<version>2.2.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
<artifactId>cocoon-servlet-service-components</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
<artifactId>cocoon-template-impl</artifactId>
<version>1.1.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
<artifactId>cocoon-flowscript-impl</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0</version>
</dependency>

2.) Created an WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml with my servlet in it:

  <bean id="dspace.org.myApplication" class="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet">
<servlet:context mount-path="" context-path="/"/>
  </bean>

3.) Altered my web.xml to appropriately work with Cocoon 2.2 including the additions of the following servlets/filters/listeners :

org.apache.cocoon.servlet.multipart.MultipartFilter
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener
org.apache.cocoon.servletservice.DispatcherServlet

My questions now concern what to do with the various cocoon.xconf and init-params that applied to Cocoon 2.1.  I removed them and its obvious that the webapplication can run just fine without them.  But I know we were tuning some special cases like file upload behavior, I'm wondering if these are still valid, are already the defaults, or are needed at all?

Per cocoon.xconf... We have the following cocoon.xconf configured for the application:
http://dspace.svn.sf.net/viewvc/dspace/branches/dspace-1_5_x/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf

Likewise, I know we are doing some modifications for file caching behavior.
http://dspace.svn.sf.net/viewvc/dspace/branches/dspace-1_5_x/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf?r1=2045&r2=2776

What out of this file is still relevant in 2.2?

Per web.xml,  we are setting file upload and request/container encoding behaviors here. are these still valid as well in Cocoon 2.2?
http://dspace.svn.sf.net/viewvc/dspace/branches/dspace-1_5_x/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

Sincerely,
Mark