cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webapp structure
Date Sat, 30 May 2009 05:01:32 GMT
Hello Ivan:

Let me clarify few terminologies base on the way I understand them.

Cocoon block, is wrapped in a jar file, and provides specific
functionality to other blocks or to the webapp.

A cocoon web application, consists of one or more blocks, that colaborate
together to deliver the over all functionality. The web app is the
"war" file that can be deployed to a servlet container like tomcat. All
the needed blocks are contained in the war file.

This way you can create blocks and test them separately. Once they are
what you need, you can deploy them to your application.

Since you have a directory called COB-INF, I would say this is a cocoon
block.

Check this:  http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BlocksDefinition