cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ken Starks <...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: XSLT is Dead ?!
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 05:49:27 GMT
oddly enough, the first example of embedded XSP in the Moczar and Aston
book is to find the time
with a tiny bit of embedded java.

<xsp:logic>
Date now = new Date();
</xsp:logic>.

By the way, today's date is <xsp:expr>now,/xsp;exp>

I have also used the considerable date/time functionality of postgreSQL
to construct entire (virtual) tables for a
calendar - then imported them into the cocoon pipeline.

(i can't remember off hand which approach is done just once, and which
is re-done on-the-fly at every refresh if you want
time to the centisecond as well as date)

Ken