cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ken Starks <...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Howto: Make CSS available from within a stylesheet?
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 18:23:13 GMT
Yet another person wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Why do you use double *s and not just a single one?
>

> On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Ken Starks <ken@lampsacos.demon.co.uk
> <mailto:ken@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Yet another person wrote:
>
>         I've been trying to use a css stylesheet in my xsl
>         transformation but It doesn't come through.
>
>         It seems cocoon doesn't understand relative paths
>
>     For local paths, you can use something like the following.
>     (I usually put all my Graphics in a 'Graphics' sub-folder,
>     and put xslt and css files together in a 'Style' sub-folder )
>
>     ********************  quote from a sitemap **********************
>
>     <!-- for many file-types that are not caught already we
>     just serve them up.
>
>     They are graphics types, pdf, and cascading stylesheets -->
>      <map:match pattern="**.png">
>     <map:read src="Graphics/{1}.png" />
>     </map:match>
>
>     <map:match pattern="**.gif">
>     <map:read src="Graphics/{1}.gif" />
>     </map:match>
>
>     <map:match pattern="**.jpg">
>     <map:read src="Graphics/{1}.jpg" />
>     </map:match>
>
>     <map:match pattern="**.jpeg">
>     <map:read src="Graphics/{1}.jpeg" />
>     </map:match>
>

>     <map:match pattern="**.pdf">
>     <map:read src="PDF/{1}.pdf" />
>     </map:match>
>
>     <map:match pattern="**.css">
>     <map:read src="Style/{1}.css" />
>     </map:match>
>
>     ********************  end quote *********************************
>

>         nor does it understand resource/internal/stylesheets/file.css
>         or any other link i've tried.
>
>         I even made a pipeline to match the css from my sitemap but
>         that didn't work either.
>
>         It's probably something silly but I can't seem to find it -
>         any help would be greatly appreciated
>

>         Thanks in advance!

double ** s are a wildcard that goes arbitrarily deep down the folder
hierarchy

e.g.   **.html

will match all urls such as Foo.html and Bar.html (as you would expect
for a wildcard)
and also ...
One/two/three/Foo.html
put/whatever/you/want/in/between/Bar.html

You can 'get at' the individual parts of the path with such wildcard
expressions
as **/*.html

I hope this helps. It is all documented on the cocoon website somewhere,
but I admit I
never stumbled upon it there, I learned it from a book.

P.S. I normally put in at least one very general matcher indeed and
redirect the user back to
the login page or home page from it. (Not sensible until you have tested
all the links
you want to go to proper destinations - you want the error page or some
version of it at
that, the development, stage )

(For even more flexibility you can use regular expressions in your matchers)

Ken.