cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gintare Ragaisiene <gintare.ragaisi...@gmail.com>
Subject cocoon 2.2 war app logging + Tomcat 6
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:12:09 GMT
Hello,

I've deployed cocoon 2.2 WAR application into Tomcat 6. The problem is, that
WAR contains my custom-made block "myclubbingguide.jar" and errors from this
blocks is not visible nor in the logs/catalina.out nor in the
cocoon-logs/log4j.log.

So , again, my webbapp structure is:

WAR app

    +----myclubbingguide.jar block

    +...ather libraries

I've reasearched this:

1)
myclubbingguide.jar block has custom log4j.xml :

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">

  <appender name="CORE" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
      <param name="target" value="System.err"/>
        <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{ISO8601} %c{2} %p -
%m%n"/>
      </layout>
    </appender>

  <root>
    <priority value="error"/>
    <appender-ref ref="CORE" />
  </root>
</log4j:configuration>

and when it runs separately from war throught "mvn jetty:run", then logging
works ok.

2)
when I run WAR app with "mvn jetty:run", the log messages apears in console
either. And it's ok.

3)
when I run WAR deployed on Tomcat 6, Syste.out.println() messages goes to
logs/catalona.out, but no error messages from myclubbingguide.jar block can
be viewed. And it is a problem.

Why Tomcat don't listens block's log4 setup? Is there must be log4j.xml or
web.xml or some ather file of WAR edited? Where I should exepect those error
messages to apear?

Thank you,
regards,
Gintare