cocoon-users mailing list archives

From zzkumar <kumar....@gmail.com>
Subject Stand alone Cocoon
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:21:25 GMT

Hi All,

I am new to Cocoon. We are planning to use Cocoon for report generation (XML
+ excel template passed through Cocoon = Excel file with values filled in).

I am able to generate the report when I deploy the cocoon as a web app.
Now the issue is, I want to integrate cocoon into my existing webapp. By
integrating I mean, I should use the web.xml of my current web application
and not the one from cocoon. i.e. every request should go through my old
web.xml.
and when I say generate report, it should invoke methods from Cocoon and
generate reports.

For ex. I want to have a method like : public Object generateReport(String
xlsPath, String excelTemplatePath) and this method should invoke classes
from Cocoon, generate report and return the report.

Please let me if this is possible. Also please direct me to some documents,
links on this.

thank you in advance.
Regards,
Kumar.D