cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tomek Piechowicz <tomasz.piechow...@gmail.com>
Subject Cocoon 2.2 + eXist native xml db 1.2.6
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:53:51 GMT
Hi.
I`m new to Cocoon and I want to use this framework with eXist xml db
which is installed locally. In section 3. Cocoon Sitemap Configuration
on eXist home page (http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/configuration.xml) I
found some information about defining XML:DB driver as a pseudo-protocol
in Cocoon`s configuration file :

In eXist, pseudo-protocols are configured in Cocoon's main configuration
file WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf. To make use of these protocols, simply
specify the correct database driver class, as in the following example:

<source-handler logger="core.source-handler">
      <protocol
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.XMLDBSourceFactory"
      name="xmldb">
      <driver class="org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="exist"/>
      </protocol>
 </source-handler>

I don`t have cocoon.xconf in WEB-INF directory, so I don`t know where
should I put this code. I read that there is no global cocoon.xconf in
Cocoon 2.2 because each block has it`s own configuration file.

Could you give me some advice how to configure Cocoon to work with eXist ?

Regards,
Tomek

Ps: Sorry for poor english.