cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: Blocks and error handling
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:50:17 GMT
I was actually thinking of doing the same thing... so create one block responsible for handling
any exceptions nicely.

Suppose you have a block called 'exceptionhandler'  which contain a service like below:

      <map:match pattern="exceptionhandling-service">
        <map:generate src="service-consumer:"/>
        <map:transform src="exception2xhtml.xslt"/>
        <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
      </map:match>

In your other block you should be able to do something like this but I haven't tested it yet
;-)

     <map:handle-errors>
       <map:generate type="exception"/>
        <map:transform type="servletService">
          <map:parameter name="service" value="servlet:exceptionhandler:/exceptionhandling-service
"/>
        </map:transform>
	 <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
     </map:handle-errors>