cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christophe Fondacci" <christophefonda...@nextep-softwares.com>
Subject IncludeTransformer: 2 parallel threads only ?
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:26:05 GMT
Hello all,

I am currently working with the parallel inclusion through the IncludeTransformer. Our website
is based on Cocoon 2.1.11.
It works fine and we truly like this feature, but I notice some strange behaviour :
  a.. I have a XSP page with 4 "i:include" inclusions. We configured the include transformer
in the sitemap to enable parallelism.
  b.. I placed breakpoints on every included page to see how cocoon processes the inclusions.

  c.. When I try to generate this page, it seems like inclusions are made 2 by 2. I see 2
of my breakpoints being reached, the others being reached only after completion of these first
inclusions. The weird thing is that the order seem to change randomly : sometime i got inclusion
1 and 4 first, sometime 1 and 2, etc. I would have expected to see my 4 breakpoints being
reached in 4 distinct threads...
Could someone explain to me if it is possible to include these 4 elements in 4 parallel threads
or whether there are some limitations or restrictions on the parallelism ?

The other thing (less important since i found a workaround) is that parallelism seem to only
work when referencing local elements through the cocoon protocol (URI like "cocoon:/"). As
soon as we reference inclusions through "external" URLs (URI like "http://"), every inclusion
seem to be processed sequentially.
Could you confirm this is the expected behaviour ? If someone can explain me why it is working
this way I would be very interested.

Thank your very much for your help / time
& keep up the good work !

Christophe.