cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gabriel Gruber <Gabriel.Gru...@workflow.at>
Subject Re: RE: dynamic cForm generation
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:08:28 GMT
Hi Patrick!

In order to dynamically create a JX-Template you have to make sure through
your pipeline machinery, that you are *NOT* using jx-template generator to
create the initial form template.

what you can do however is to delegate the creation to another pipeline,
f.i.

            <!-- generate Form Template here without using JX -->
            <map:match pattern="getReportFilterFormTemplate">
                <map:generate type="file"
src="resource://at/workflow/webdesk/rp/resources/views/filterSkeleton.xml"/>
                <map:transform type="include"/>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
            </map:match>

            <!-- Report Form-->
            <map:match pattern="forms/rp/testReportFilter">
                <map:generate type="jx"
src="cocoon:/getReportFilterFormTemplate" label="raw"/>
                <map:transform type="browser-update"/>
                    <map:select type="ajax-request">
                        <map:when test="true">
                            <map:select type="request-parameter">
                                <map:parameter name="parameter-name"
value="dojo.transport"/>
                                <map:when test="iframe">
                                    <map:transform
src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/IframeTransport-bu-styling.xsl"/>
                                    <map:serialize type="xhtml"/><!-- this
is really important !!!! -->
                                </map:when>
                                <map:otherwise>
                                    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
                                </map:otherwise>
                            </map:select>
                        </map:when>
                        <map:otherwise>
                            <map:serialize type="html"/>
                        </map:otherwise>
                    </map:select>
            </map:match>

Its crucial to NOT use within that 2nd pipeline. you can use other
technologies like include-transformer or xslt to accomplish building your
form template xml on the fly...

cheers,
gabriel
______________________
Mag. Gabriel Gruber
Senior Consultant
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Workflow EDV GmbH, Dannebergplatz 6/23, A-1030 Wien
http://www.workflow.at

"Patrick Heiden" <patrickheiden@gmx.de>
05.06.2009 16:08
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: RE: dynamic cForm generation

Hi Robby,

thanks for your link!
But I am afrait that form-libs will not solve my problem:

"With this feature, it is now possible to define libraries of form
definitions and bindings. Specific support for templates was intentionally
left out because of the frequently changing and unstructured nature of
it."

Also I was not able to see WHY form-libs are suitable for dynamic
form-generation (especially because ft's are not supported!).

When I think it over (as a first-shot) it will be a better way to generate
the fd-/ft-/ and fb-files out of the domainlayer (according to some change
needed) and save the resulting XML-files inside my block-structure. But
upfront I was trying not to reinvent the wheel and generate XML by myself
:)

Cheers,
Patrick

-------- Original-Nachricht --------