cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Pruy <Rainer.P...@Acrys.COM>
Subject Re: Passing POST Parameters to a block call, cocoon 2.2, please urgent!
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:07:56 GMT
Hi,
I forgot to add:

Please note, that - among some other places in cocoon - servlet protocol starts a new request,
(nearly) independent from the original one.

This request (currently) does not inherit any parameters.
To achieve such behavior, it would be necessary to add some syntax for control of propagating
parameters from the "calling" sitemap.
As there are a lot of use cases where there is no benefit from passing a bunch of parameters
along without need, it is quite
reasonable not to pass any parameters be default.
I could however think of a means of control to be added to the servlet protocol URI for activating
passing of parameters.
But if we are there, the next though is of passing only some params, adding some more, overwriting,
modifying value based on existing
values,..........
thus, I doubt there is an easy syntax at hand.

And thgere is still the fundamental question of whether such "feature" really is necessary
or even beneficial for building
"well-formed" applications.

Rainer

--
Rainer Pruy
Geschäftsführer

Acrys Consult GmbH & Co. KG
Theodor-Heuss-Str. 53-63, D-61118 Bad Vilbel
Tel: +49-6101-98760-0 Fax: +49-6101-98760-50
Web: http://www.acrys.com -  Email: office@acrys.com
Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, HRA 31151
Komplementärin: Acrys Verwaltungs GmbH
Theodor-Heuss-Str. 53-63, D-61118 Bad Vilbel
Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, HRB 57625