cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Kuehne <akue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to use SOAP to deliver a Cocoon report?
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 07:50:48 GMT
Hi Alexander,

I didn't get your solution right, I guess ... as far as I understand Davids use case he will
get a soap request, want's to fiddle out some parameters and return a report wrapped as a
soap response. This fits into these sparse lines of sitemap :

             <map:generate type="stream"/>
              <map:transform src="soapInput.xsl"/>  <!-- check input and extract
relevant values -->
              <map:transform type="cinclude"/> <!-- read the report content from
another matcher ... -->
              <map:transform src="styles/soapOutput.xsl"/> <!-- wrap content into
response -->
              <map:serialize type="xml"/>

We got some good results with this simple approach.
When it comes to web service security or big amount of base64-encoded data there is more effort
required. We already did this and are happy to share it with any interested project.

But doesn't your solution show a way to _call_, not to _supply_ a web service ?

Greetings

Andreas