cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "DAVIGNON Andre - CETE NP/DIODé/PANDOC" <Andre.Davig...@developpement-durable.gouv.fr>
Subject Re: how-to query an xml repository efficiently
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 08:36:06 GMT

> So for certain "Filter"-criteria I'll have to get all possible values so
> they can pick one and for others I don't need to know anything about the
> actual data.

You can choose the data (XML properties) you want to index and the ones
you don't want to.

> The actual product xml-files are +- 500kb on average and I'm talking
> about LOTS of products so I have to consider performance upfront.
>
> SOLR seems good for indexing static html files etc but I don't get the
> impression it can offer the necessary functionality for this use case.

Not only (x)HTML, all XML files. The facet research funtionnality in
Solr can give access to all possible values in the index of your data
for a given property so the user can pick one among them, then find all
matching data.

André