cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: REPOST: Queries in Cocoon 2.1.11 not working with"AS"protocol?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:53:28 GMT
Robby

I understand.  But, as I said before, the same application is currently
running fine on both the Windows machine and the existing Linux server.
It is partially working on Cocoon 2.1.11 on the new Linux machine.
i.e. the app works OK except for the strange transformer result I detailed
below; the only difference I can see seems to be the Cocoon version.

>>> "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelssers@ciber.com> 09/14/09 11:52 AM >>>
Only last week I ran into such an issue where my app was running
flawlessly on my development environment but when I deployed it to the
QA environment I got following exception:

Cannot create handle for transformer "SomeTransformer.xslt" ... This was
due to the fact that my file had two capital letters and in my sitemap I
referred to "Sometransformer.xslt".  on windows this will work so you
don't spot the error in time ;-(

The same goes for (SQL) tables, columns etc.

Your queries run like a charm on windows until you deploy your app on a
unix environment.  Luckily you'll be able to spot these kinds of
mistakes quickly if you keep this in mind.  My advise is to use
consistently lowercase for your tables/columns so you'll never run into
these issues.

Cheers.
Robby Pelssers