cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] LinkageError: WebAppClassLoader vs. ResourceStoreClassLoader
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:22:07 GMT
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> when using the RCL classloader I just can't get rid of this error:
>
> java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in interface itable
> initialization: when resolving method
> "mypackage.BatchProcessManagerImpl.prepareListenerProcess(Ljava/lang/String;Lmypackage.Invoker;)Lmypackage.ListenerBatchProcess;"

> the class loader (instance of
> org/apache/commons/jci/stores/ResourceStoreClassLoader) of the current
> class, mypackage/BatchProcessManagerImpl, and the class loader (instance
> of org/mortbay/jetty/webapp/WebAppClassLoader) for interface
> mypackage/BatchProcessManager have different Class objects for the type
> mypackage/Invoker used in the signature
>

> It occurs immediately for the first request after starting up Jetty.
> What could be the reason that the interface is loaded by the
> WebAppClassLoader and the implementation by the
> ResourceStoreClassLoader? Problably a Spring thing …

I just noticed that I had a similar issue before, but back then the
interface and implementation were located in different blocks where one
was loaded by the RCL and the other one by the WebAppClassLoader. This
time both interface and class are located in the same block which should
be loaded by the RCL:

mypackage.batch.service%classes-dir=../batch/target/classes

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH